Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spicing up the walls

I have always had a thing for picture frames. I am in love with them and cant turn them down.
I do hate paying full price for anything so of course I always go for the clearance aisle at the regular store and always looking at thrift stores and garage sales.


 I was hanging out with my friend this week looking for fabric so I can finish my quilt and of course we started at the thrift store and made our way to JoAnne's fabrics, but on our way there we saw a HUGE T.J. Maxx (our love for that store can't be beat) so of course we had to go in before we made our way to the fabric store. I made a bee line straight to the clearance aisle and we found a few picture frames, well there were tons of them, but not in the price range I wanted to spend. I also picked up a few with my sister on new years day for my collection.
Now, I just have to find what pictures I want to put in them and where to put them on the wall to spice it up. As you can see in the this picture I did not care if all the frames matched or not. I think it looks great with different frames and makes the spice more like art rather then just pictures. Also add something special in between, like I added my hubby and I initials. It does not have to all be frames. think of fun ideas put them together on a table to see the arrangement before putting it on the walls.
So go give it a try and spice up your walls!
Toddles for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment