Monday, May 12, 2014

Healthy spaghetti

We often have spaghetti at our house since we love it and some are half Italian. Now that I'm getting healthier, the pasta will kill everything that I'm trying to work towards. So I found something to replace my pasta fixings, called broccoli slaw. It is pretty yummy! All I did was put some oil,garlic,onion in a pan with the slaw and cooked till soft. Afterwards I just added my famous meat sauce on top. Now since I'm not the only one eating the meat (most don't like turkey meat) I used 93% fat free ground beef. Which means I don't get a lot of it since it's not the best for me but I added some just for taste and it was AMAZING! Also added zucchini but, shhh don't tell anyone. This is my new favorite meal with the broccoli slaw. It was crunchy unlike regular pasta but at least it was almost the same and you get tons of veggies! I can't wait to try more recipes with it. 

            Toodles for now! Em

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Good idea!! I usually rely on cauliflower to lighten up my pasta. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete